Tort Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Tort Law Essays
- How is Negligence Determined?Published: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: Negligence can be described as the carelessness in everyday terms or failure to take the proper level of care.
- Proving a Breach of Required Standard in Medical NegligencePublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: A claimant seeking damages in negligence for a loss sustained in the course of medical treatment has several high hurdles to surmount.
- Psychiatric Injury Claims in Tort LawPublished: Fri, 01 Mar 2019Extract: Psychiatric injury is a newly developed, incremental extension of the law and therefore has to be addressed separately.
- What must be established to prove a ‘breach of duty of care’?Published: Fri, 01 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will explore the factors that must be established when proving a breach of duty of care in tort law, looking at different healthcare and non- healthcare cases.
- Glencar Exploration p.l.c. v Mayo County Council | AnalysisPublished: Fri, 01 Mar 2019Extract: This essay aims to show that although the decision of Glencar succeeded in limiting the expansion of the duty of care, it did not halt it completely.
- Does the Law of Defamation Protect the Media’s Role as a Public Watchdog?Published: Wed, 27 Feb 2019Extract: This study will critically analyse and evaluate the types of defamation and then move on to explain the elements involved in defamation.
- Jameel v Wall Street Journal Europe (2006)Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Was journalism freed from the shackles of defamation law? What should a journalist learn from this case? The relaxation of newspaper libel rules.
- Tort Law Civil Wrongdoings | ParalleleweltenPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: …
- The law of passing off: Intellectual property rightsPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Copyright is a form of intellectual property right which creates, for the owner of the copyright, propriety rights in the things they have created.
- The Compensation Act 2006 and the Culture CreatedPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Within tort law to establish if the compensation act 2006 has done little to address the problems of the compensation culture firstly it is …
- Tort Law is Law of WrongdoingPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Tort Law’ is the law of wrongdoing. The basis of tort law is to enable a person who has been wronged to ask for compensation.
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIBEL AND SLANDER?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: EVALUATE THE POSSIBLE DEFENCES FOR BOTH ACTIONS. The right of free speech has long been considered an important one in democratic societies, but…
- Negligence Formula is Unfair to ClaimantsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The negligence formula is unfair to claimants as it places too many obstacles in the way of obtaining compensation for personal injuries. England & Wales should adopt an alternative system of redress to allow claimants to obtain the compensation they deserve
- Determining if a duty of care exists in a situationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: TORT COURSEWORK This essay aims at critically analysing some circumstances that the courts are likely to take into account when determining if a du…
- Tort and Negligence Duty of Care LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Tort and Negligence Duty of Care Law. The elements of negligence are duty of care; breach of that duty of care; causation, i.e. a causal link between the individual’s injury or property damage; and actual damage either to a person or to property…
- The Recovery of CompensationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Law On The Recovery Of Compensation For Pure Psychiatric Harm Is A Patchwork Quilt Of Distinctions Which Are Difficult To Justify, Lord Steyn, Frost V Chief Constable Of South Yorkshire Police 2 AC 455 1T 500.
- Bhopal Gas LeakPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Tort is the Branch of LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A tort is the branch of law which provides redress of a legal wrong. The general rule is that where there is no duty of care, there is no right to claim, “Negligence as a tort is a breach of legal duty
- Legal Action on Behalf of TomPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Tom was knocked down by Jim and subsequently has died later. Hence, Tania (Tom’s wife) (or his Estate) may bring a legal action on behalf of Tom against Jim under the tort of negligence.
- Making Claims for a Personal InjuryPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The material facts of the case are: The claimant, Mrs Millward, a school teacher at Northfield and Thornbury school is making claims for a personal…
- The duty of carePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The duty of care arises in the tort of negligence, a relatively recently emerged tort. The general principal is that you should not harm those people to whom you owe a duty of care by your acts of omissions.
- A Liability in Negligence Case StudyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: For an defendant’s liability in negligence to exist, the claimant must show the defendant either did something, that led to him suffering a harm.
- Tort Law Negligence Problem QuestionPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The defendant must owe a duty of care in relation to the general class within which the plaintiff and the type of damage that has arisen
- Investigating Tort ReformPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: For this question I have decided to investigate Tort reform. Tort law is designed to provide full compensation
- That Law in Claims of Negligence: Court PositionsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: To prove that a duty of care existed the claimant must show the defendant owed them a duty of care in respect of the type of damage which was suffered.