Land Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Land Law Essays
- Principles of Leases in Land LawPublished: Wed, 10 Apr 2019Extract: The basic characteristics of a lease were given by the Lord Templeman in his classic decision in the case of Street v Mountford.
- Prop Land RegistrationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Limiting the Usage on a Property: Land LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: All four may have rights that could have been registered but may be found to have an overriding interest under the Land Registration Act 2002.
- The Power of Sale: Mortgage Law and LendingPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A mortgagee cannot seek foreclosure before the contractual date or obligation has passed and the process requires a court order.
- Possible Scenario When Selling LandPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The best possible scenario when selling land is for the sale contract to refer to a list of items as being included or excluded. In residential transactions, the seller usually completes a fittings and contents form and a specimen form TA10 can be found on the Law Society website.
- Private NuisancePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Private nuisance is an ancient wrong design as an action between neighbouring landowner to protect a person interest in land from being adversely effected by the activities of his neighbor.
- Mirror Principle and the Land ActPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Property of ‘Any Kind’ May Be TransferredPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (hereinafter, the Act) is a civil legislation of immense importance owing to the vast number of property related…
- Establishes Statutory Rights of Access to Land and WaterPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: It is suggested that the vendor and purchaser of land should make express provisions for any easements that they want and that the law should ra…
- The Discussion on Registered LandPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The legal issues arising out of the material facts demands the discussion on registered land and also third party rights on it. Julie and Zac purchased a free hold house in 2002.
- Land law Problem Question: Legal Interest in PropertyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: To advise Angelica as to her rights in this situation it is necessary to look at the ways in which a legal interest in the property can be acquired.
- Possession is Nine-Tenths of LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Assess the Advantages of the Current SystemPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: ‘cracks in the mirror’ (60% of the marks); the rules on rectification (20% of the marks), and third party rights being registered against the…
- Land Law TemplemanPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Land Law Templeman. Explain the circumstances that lead Lord Templeman to make this comment, the principles established in this case and how the law has developed subsequently.
- Doctrine of Notice in Unregistered Land SystemPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The doctrine of notice is still prevalent in the unregistered land system, arguably it is more relevant in the system than legislators wanted or intended.
- Property Land LegislationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Property Land Legislation. There are two systems of conveyancing in England and Wales, the registered land system, which is governed by the Land Registration Act 2002 (LRA 2002) and the older system of unregistered land.
- Property Law 1 (Land Law)Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Land law has and always will be of great importance to people, for a start; we all need somewhere to live. Whether it is freehold property…
- The Land Registration ActPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Land Registration Act certainly goes some distance towards providing a functional regime for the regulation of transaction with land.
- Shell Was Able to Recover Damages for the Damaged PropertyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: At or about 6 am on Sunday the 11th of December 2005 a number of explosions occurred at the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot based in Hertfordshire…
- Non-natural Use of LandPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The man in the street might legitimately expect the Common law to have developed a means by which persons who suffer personal injury or damage to their property due to the release of dangerous substances
- The Doctrine of Adverse PossessionPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In the past, estate owners had to be vigilant as regards the land that they owned but did not use it for themselves. When someone possessed his…
- Liability of an Occupier of Land to VisitorsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: How far had the common law liability of an occupier of land to visitors and other entrants been enhanced by statutory provisions?
- Land Building LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Land Building Law. Does Common Law allow the benefit of a covenant to be passed to a purchaser of land ? Can either the burden or benefit of a covenant be passed in equity and, if so, give details of how this might happen.
- Easements and ProfitsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The law of prescriptive acquisition may be criticized, both as a matter of principle and on grounds of complexity. Is it really necessary to hav
- Land Law Assessed RevisedPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A mortgage is a contract between two parties whereby the mortgagor uses his land as security for a loan from the mortgagee