Family Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Family Law Essays
- Legal and Non-legal Responses to Relationship BreakdownsPublished: Wed, 05 Jun 2019Extract: When dealing with issues surrounding relationship breakdowns, both the law and non-legal responses aim to achieve the utmost justice to parties involved.
- Governing Gender Inequality in Swedish Legal SystemsPublished: Thu, 28 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will look at how gender inequalities are governed in the areas of marriage, family, and labour within the Swedish legal system.
- Issues in UK Divorce LawsPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will focus on whether it’s necessarily to reform the English divorce laws, to improve and manage how divorces are petitioned and carried.
- Shared Residence Orders in English CourtsPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A order usually accompanies the residence order, providing for the other parent to be allowed with the child.
- The Nancy Cruzan Assisted DeathPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Nancy Cruzan case revolved around the Cruzan family who, out of mercy, sought the help of the law in order to terminate their daughter’s life….
- The Practice of Child Marriage Is a Violation of Basic Human RightsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Aisha, an 18 years old Taliban girl, was married off to her husband when she was only twelve. After being beaten many times and treated like a slav…
- The Childcare ActPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Childcare Act 1991 was a milestone act which brought about huge positive changes in the way children at risk were dealt with in Ireland.
- Adoption and Children Act ProposalPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: This proposed legislation, attempts to create a pre-separation formal agreement in respect of the upbringing and residence of a child following the separation of the child�s parents.
- Types of Marriage or Partnership Breakdown in LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A four-part family law problem question, including topics such as divorce, civil partnership dissolution, ancillary relief and nullity.
- Abortion is Termination of a PregnancyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Abortion is a very controversial issue regarding law and ethics. Abortion is termination of a pregnancy which is done by removing the foetus from the uterus of the pregnant woman and therefore kills the foetus.
- Law of Child Consent for Medical TreatmentPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: It is an inevitable statement of life that as children grow up, especially when they get in their teens, they develop the ability…
- Significant and Increasing Proportion of CouplesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The issues that are facing the courts today are the significant and increasing proportion of couples and family members that are co-habitating outside of the traditional framework of a society long ago.
- Family Behaviour and Divorce RatesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Introduction The emergence of no-fault divorce in Western civilisation has often been attacked for “transform[ing] marriage into an arrangement…
- Rights Between Men and Women in Islamic Family Laws (IFL)Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: SISTERS IN ISLAM, one of the Muslim organizations have greatly protest to the recent passing of the Islamic Family Law
- Sharing the Beneficial Interest in PropertyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Lord Diplock’s judgment in Gissing effectively created what is now referred to as a common intention constructive trust.
- Entitlement to Inheritence – Research TrailPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Our client was in a violent unmarried relationship with Martin for a total of 5 years punctuated by numerous short periods of separation…
- Acquiring Mauritian CitizenshipPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Mauritian citizenship law must be followed without any exception in order for someone to acquire and retain a certificate of Mauritian citizens
- How Matrimonial Laws in India Are Different From Those in U.S and Canada?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The civil and political rights of Canada are in the jurisdiction of the provinces, but the Constitution of Canada spec…
- The Concept of Self DeterminationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The concept of Self Determination has been developed after the end of the Second World War and the idea of self determination was supported by International law and formulated in the Charter of the United Nations Article 1 (2) of the United Nations Charter.
- The Gender Recognition ActPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Gender Recognition Act 2004 The ability of a person to live as their desired sex, regardless of surgery, is a right now conferred by the Gender…
- Adoption in Hindu Law and Muslim LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The concept of adoption is not a new concept rather the custom and practice of adoption is continuing from the past. The dictionary meaning of the term ‘adoption’ is the act…
- Family Law Issues and Advice: Marriage and ChildrenPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: She should petition for the dissolution of the marriage. This will be on the basis that the marriage has irretrievably broken down
- Adoption and Indian SocietyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Adoption provides a very important function in Indian society. India has long tradition of child adoption. In older days, i…
- Wills Act 1837 – Personal Representative (PR)Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The identity of the personal representatives (PR) is determined by law and the issue of a Grant of Letters of Administration.
- The Convention on the Rights of the ChildPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Convention on the Rights of the Child! According to UNICEF, the Convention on the Rights of the Child is the most successful and universally accepted human rights treaty so far created.