Family Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Family Law Essays
- Issues for Divorce Laws in CanadaPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: According to civil unions, common-law unions, and marriage in Quebec, vigorous comparisons and contrasts arises regarding the different rights in divorce or separation.
- Developments of Gay Rights in the USPublished: Tue, 06 Aug 2019Extract: In the end, it was the progressive values of equality and open-mindedness that drew in a wide rainbow of allies to the just cause of legalization of gay marriage.
- Legal and Non-legal Responses to Relationship BreakdownsPublished: Wed, 05 Jun 2019Extract: When dealing with issues surrounding relationship breakdowns, both the law and non-legal responses aim to achieve the utmost justice to parties involved.
- Governing Gender Inequality in Swedish Legal SystemsPublished: Thu, 28 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will look at how gender inequalities are governed in the areas of marriage, family, and labour within the Swedish legal system.
- Issues in UK Divorce LawsPublished: Wed, 27 Mar 2019Extract: This essay will focus on whether it’s necessarily to reform the English divorce laws, to improve and manage how divorces are petitioned and carried.
- Shared Residence Orders in English CourtsPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A order usually accompanies the residence order, providing for the other parent to be allowed with the child.
- A Key Concern Regarding Child SupportPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A key concern regarding child support is on whom the burden of support for children primarily fall. Ultimately, is the state responsible for the financial support of children (although the state can recover the money from parents)
- Gay Marriage A Moral IssuePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The issue of civil rights for gays and lesbians, one in particular marriage; although many religious conservatives wish it would, will not go ….
- Laws Regarding HomosexualsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: During the last century laws regarding homosexuals changed significantly. During the 1960s, homosexuality was a criminal offence….
- Legal Treatment of the Family HomePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Traditionally, the legal treatment of the family home in property disputes has been problematic, despite the English courts developing different methods of using equitable devices to establish beneficial interests.
- Child Protection and the Right to Family LifePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Child protection is a particularly emotive area of the law. The much publicised cases concerning child neglect and abuse such as Victoria Climbie, Peter Connelly (Baby P), and Daniel Pelka ignited public outrage for the lack of state intervention
- Children Act Ensured More Attention PaidPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Children Act 1989 was implemented in 1991. Its aim was to revolutionise practises and proceedings concerning the welfare of children in …
- Divorce Rates and the Reasons for ItPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Divorce is one of the most controversial issues we have today. As time goes by, the divorce rate seems to be increasing rapidly…
- Cohabitees Entitlement RightsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: While the distinction between the rights of spouses, civil partnerships and cohabitants was once defended by reference to social attitudes, cohabitation has gradually become accepted by society, sparking calls for reform.
- Decree of Divorce CasePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Peter is a successful merchant and seven years ago married Mary. Mary is a selfish and lazy woman. As soon as they were married, she made it clear to Peter that she was really only interested…
- Determining Who is a Child’s Legal FatherPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: By 2005, this (births born outside marriage) had increased to 43 percent. Most births outside marriage were registered by both parents…
- Family and Welfare LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: It is hard to see why adults should not be free to contract at the point of marriage for the financial consequences of any divorce, subject to inbuilt fairness tests.
- Principles of Constructive and Resulting TrustsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Flexibility is one of the most essential and defining qualities of equity, and nowhere is this more clearly manifested than with constructive trusts.
- Family Life Is Defined as a Husband and Wife and ChildrenPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The distinction between who is a parent and who has parental responsibility is separate. According to Standley, Parent usually refers as the man…
- DomicilePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Domicile is considered to be a connecting factor which links a person with a particular legal system.
- Rights of Families & ParentsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Rights of Families & Parents. If the State was entitled to intervene in every case where professional opinion differed from that of parents, or where the State considered parents to be wrong in a decision, we would be rapidly stepping towards the Brave New World.
- Gay Marriage: Wrong or Right?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: One of the most discussed issues around today is gay marriages. Many people blame the media for the idea of same sex marriages but when you break it down it all comes down to two different…
- Gay Marriage Is an Exceedingly Pressing Issue in Modern DayPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: One of those arguments is that same-sex marriage decays families. “A recent article in the Weekly Standard described how the advent of legally sa…
- Divorce & AdulteryPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Divorce & Adultery free essay. Annie and Khalim met whilst Annie was on holiday in Marmaris (Turkey) in 1996. Khalim worked as a hotel receptionist. In 1997, following much correspondence and many telephone calls. Annie returned to Turkey, and Khalim asked her to marry him. They were married the next week at Khalim’s father’s house.
- Factors That a Court Will Take Into Account in DivorcePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Before Sharon and Tony Shameless will be granted a divorce they must be able to show that the grounds under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 have be…