Copyright Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Copyright Law Essays
- Copyright Law: Music as Creative WorkPublished: Wed, 17 Apr 2019Extract: This essay will analyse the copyright law in regards to the creativity of music as a musical work.
- Intellectual Property Rights in the Technological AgePublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Globally harmonised intellectual property rights are essential to allow creators to exploit their goods without risk of overseas competitors theft.
- ‘Intellectual Property is Property in a Legal Sense.’Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The concept of intellectual property contains an inherent dichotomy: the is to produce a sense of something that can be owned which is incorporeal.
- Intellectual PropertyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The ECJ has recently taken to another level what constitutes unfair advantage in relation to comparative advertising with regards to protection of trade marks with reputation or well know brands.
- English Law Permits PatientsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Patent Infringement ProtectionPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Patent Infringement Protection – International and Comparative Patent Law: American Home Products v Novartis (2001) RPC 159 elevates the protocol questions to the test for patent infringement. Explain on the basis of the…
- Idea and Expression DichotomyPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: As above discussed, it has been well established that computer programs are protected as literary work under Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988
- Trademark ConflictsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Trademark conflicts have been the primary cause of most Internet litigation to date. Why do trademarks and domain names always come head to head?
- Can Generic Trademarks be Protected?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The purpose of this Note is to analyse the law relating to the trademarks, which are composed exclusively of generic terms or are descriptive of the nature of the goods or services and are in no way distinctive of the manufacturer or the service provider,
- Copyright Infringement PatentsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Copyright Infringement Patents. It may well seem that the concept of idea/expression dichotomy is the most complicated and controversial aspects in Copyright Law. Copyright law protects a work that it has been produced by one person and this person retains the right to use this work according his will; any person who without permission copy and use a copyright protected work then he will face an action by the court for copyright infringement.
- The Impact of Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property RightsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The United Nations Secretary General, Kofi Annan once said, It is my aspiration that health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for; but as a human right to be fought for.
- An Analysis of International Copyright LegislationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: ‘Where works are available only in digital form, the exceptions to and limitations upon copyright protection envisaged by most of the international copyright treaties are almost entirely neutralised’
- Copyright Act 1911Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Patent Technology DevicesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Patent Technology Devices – The patent scheme is designed to protect technology devices, actual machines, and new chemical biotechnological/nano-technological compositions rather than pure concepts
- The Legal Nature of Domain NamesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The Legal Nature Of Domain Names And Trademarks Under US And UK Jurisdictions
- Copyright ViolationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Copyright Violation. Copyright is what protects original works of many kinds from being wrongly duplicated and distributed. An example of violating a copyright is illegally downloading and sharing copyrighted music, movies, etc. There are laws to protect people that have their material copyrighted. The Recording Industry Association of America is a group that is trying to crack down on those who illegally download and share music through the use of their computers.
- Application of The Trade Marks Directive (89/104/EEC)Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: This litigious area of intellectual property law has been the subject of detailed review by the European Court of Justice.
- Intellectual Property RightsPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Intellectual property rights are those exclusive rights granted to the owners there in to behave in a particular manner
- Copyright Infringement PermissionPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Copyright Infringement Permission. Under UK copyright law, owners of certain works prescribed in s.1(1) Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (hereafter CDPA 1988) are given a bundle of property rights.
- Copyright Law ChangesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Copyright Law Changes. The introduction of a technological process, the printing press, led to the development of the law of copyright. These new technological developments involving access to copyright material impose pressures on the copyright legislation. Many new technological developments are capable of being used to infringe copyright that is why this led to changes in copyright law.
- Copyright Law UKPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: This essay will explain the basis of copyright law in the UK, and how it protects authors and performers. The contention that all types of work and performances are protected
- What is Copyright?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Intellectual Property SummativePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: …
- Are the UK Copyright Laws of High Standard?Published: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: An examination of the UK position on ‘originality’ in the law of copyright, to determine if this law is satisfactory and make suggestions for improvement.
- UK Copyright LawPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In some respects, UK copyright law is not very generous towards authors and performers.