Consideration Law Essays
The essays below were written by students to help you with your own studies. If you are looking for help with your essay then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "CSR"
Latest Consideration Law Essays
- Doctrine of ConsiderationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: As defined by Sir Frederick Pollock, consideration is an act or forbearance of one party, or the promise thereof, is the price for which the promise
- Consideration Is One Party Who Are Willing to Exchange Value for ValuePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The orthodox view is that, performance of an existing duty should not constitute consideration. Discuss
- Good Consideration for a Fresh PromisePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: It will be highly inaccurate to state and conclude that the law has made it quite clear that the performance by contracting parties of their existing duties will not constitute good consideration for a fresh promise.
- Consideration is an Essential Element for the Formation of a ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Consideration must be of value that can be objectively determined, but the courts have the consistently refuse to look at its adequacy. Further, th…
- Traditional Rules of ConsiderationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Consideration can be defined as something of value given by both parties to a contract that induces them to enter into the agreement to exchange mutual performances which is enforceable by law.
- A Support a Reciprocal PromisePublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In order for a promise by A support a reciprocal promise by B sufficient consideration must be established. According to Beaton v McDivitt,
- Excuse Defences and Justification DefencesPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Legal defences’ falls into two categories, excuse defences and justification defences. Excuse defence is when the defendant admits to committing a criminal act but believes that he or she cannot be held responsible because there was no criminal intent.
- Consideration in Contract FormationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Consideration is essential to the formation of any contract made without deed. It distinguishes a bargain or contract from a gift. Lush
- Consideration is the Cornerstone of Legally Binding ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Firstly, it is very important to identify the legal definition of consideration. Academic writers find it difficult to define the consideration. …
- The Traditional Rules of ConsiderationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: This essay will establish the traditional position by looking at case law such as Stilk v Myrick; Hartley v Ponsonby; Pinnels case and Foakes v Beer.
- Outmoded or Even RedundantPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: To determine the relevance of consideration, we first need to understand the definition of consideration.
- Consideration includes Bargain Exchange sSwappingPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: Learning Outcomes: To show an understanding of what constitutes a consideration. To be able to identify the factors affecting the court’s …
- Consideration Is an Act That Was Involved in the Formation of a ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: A contract is forming by a few needed elements as is an offer, intension to create a legal relation, acceptance and consideration. Offer is the …
- Consideration is One of the Three Main Building Blocks of a ContractPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: In Australia, the bargain theory of consideration prevails, where the act or forebearance of one party or promise thereof is the price for which a …
- The Element of ConsiderationPublished: Fri, 02 Feb 2018Extract: The question addresses the element of consideration. Firstly, consideration is a vital component of a binding contract. Good consideration as decided in Currie v Misa (1875) is usually valuable in the eyes of law, by means of profit or benefit to one party,