The case summaries below were written by our professional writers, as a learning aid to help you with your studies. If you are looking for help with your case summary then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Search this section
Tip: If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "Mens Rea"
Latest Case Summaries
- Ball v Johnson  5 WLUK 457Published: Thu, 30 May 2019Extract: Misconduct in public office, and whether or not an allegation of misconduct in public office brought by political campaigners was a proper case for a summons to be issued in.
- Swain v Natui Ram Puri  P.I.Q.R. P422Published: Tue, 28 May 2019Extract: The extent of an occupier’s liability towards a non-visitor, and the degree of knowledge which the defendant is required to have over the presence of a non-visitor in the vicinity of the danger as set out in s1(3)(b) Occupiers Liability Act 1984.
- Leakey v National Trust  QB 485 (CA).Published: Tue, 28 May 2019Extract: Landowners in nuisance, and the knowledge of a danger to neighbours caused by natural deterioration of their property; The extent of the landowner’s duty to take reasonable steps to avert this danger.
- Roe v Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) Published: Tue, 23 Apr 2019Extract: The case of Roe v Wade is perhaps one of the most famous US Supreme Court decisions to date. Decided in the early 70s,..
- Stilk v Myrick 1809 – Case SummaryPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Stilk v Myrick is a case that was decided over 200 years ago but nonetheless the principle that it developed remains a core feature of the law of contract…
- Negligence Duty Of Care Cases | Tort Law Cases | ParalleleweltenPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Negligence Duty Of Care Cases law teacher tort
- Silverstein v Keynetics, IncPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Silverstein v Keynetics, Inc., and Click Sales., Inc, No. 17-15176 (9th Cir. 2016), United States District Court, Northern California
- Rogers v Hosegood Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The owners of land conveyed a plot to a purchaser on the basis that no more than one dwelling should be erected…
- National Car Parks Ltd v Trinity Development Co (Banbury) LtdPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Landlord and tenant; whether agreement in relation to a car park was a lease or license
- Wheeldon v Burrows (1879)Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A workshop and adjacent piece of land owned by Wheeldon was put up for sale. The land was sold separately.
- Billson v Residential Apartments Ltd Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The landlords had a lease with the tenants of a freehold property which included a covenant that prevented…
- Rhone v Stephens 1994Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: EQUITABLE INTERESTS IN PROPERTY, COVENANT TO REPAIR, POSITIVE COVENANT, ENFORCEABILITY, BURDEN AND BENEFIT OF COVENANTS
- Banner Homes Group Plc v Luff Development LtdPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The defendants, Luff Development Ltd, acquired a site that would be suitable for developing property on.
- Midland Bank Trust Co Ltd v Green (No. 1)Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: For the consideration of £1, W granted G the option to buy a farm, title to which was unregistered. This was an estate contract and so a legal
- Orgee v Orgee Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The defendant agreed to farm the claimant’s land on the understanding that he would be given an agricultural tenancy…
- Hodgson v MarksPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The appellant, Hodgson, who owned the house where she lived, transferred the property to her lodger.
- Bruton v London & Quadrant Housing TrustPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The defendant was a voluntary housing trust that focussed on homelessness. The local authority had granted…
- Bennet v BennetPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: This case concerned a transaction between a mother and her son and the presumption of advancement in equity.
- Heslop v Burns 1974Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Rent free occupation for over 16 years; no formal agreement as to nature of occupation
- Parker v Parker Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The claimant occupied the defendant’s castle, and claimed a right to continue occupation.
- Pettitt v PettittPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: A woman purchased a matrimonial home for herself and her husband to live in out of her own sums and conveyed…
- Ashburn Anstalt v ArnoldPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: The defendant was the successor-in-title to a company which persuaded the claimant to sell his lease to the company in exchange for a promise…
- Lee v Leeds CC; Ratcliffe and Others v Sandwell MBCPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Landlord’s obligations with regards to ensuring that a property is fit for human habitation
- Burgess v RawnsleyPublished: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: Mr Honick and Mrs Rawnsley bought a property as beneficial joint tenants. They had originally agreed to move into…
- Savva and Savva v Hussein (1997)Published: Fri, 12 Oct 2018Extract: In 1991, the landlords granted a twelve-year lease of commercial premises to the respondent.